Thursday, March 17, 2016

Just For You

I've got two cards to mail out today - one to my Card Angel and one 
to my Aunt who is recovering from a procedure that did not go well.  
These are "cheer up" cards saying, "Just For You" to them!  
They work for St. Patrick's Day since there's Green in 'em - at
 least that's my line of thought!
The card angel program is one I've been in for over four years now.  
You can read about it here and it's actually called Chemo Angel, and
 I'd encourage anyone who is interested in participating.  It's rewarding 
and very different.  The Chemo Angels program offers support to
 those who find themselves in the most challenging situation of their lives – battling 
a cancer diagnosis and undergoing IV chemo treatment. 
     The volunteers support their “buddy” throughout their journey with cards,
 uplifting messages, supportive words and lots of positive energy. The encouragement
 the Angels provide helps give patients the comfort and confidence 
of knowing they are not alone in their fight. 
     The goal of Chemo Angels is to help fuel a positive attitude and 
aid in the road to recovery. Volunteers find that providing emotional
 support is a most rewarding experience.

Thanks for stopping by ~ May you have an inky St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!