Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's Day Decorating

Our office had a Valentine's Day Party for all our families and we were to do some Valentine's Day Decorating of our spaces to make the office look festive.

I decided to sew a festive garland for my space 
to make it 'purty'.

I began by punching out shapes to sew together . . . 

I used a large heart punch, scallop circle punch, circle punch, and small heart punch.

Pretty in Pink, Early Espresso, Real Red, and Champagne Glimmer Paper were the card stocks of choice here.

Here are a couple of sewn-together strings.  It was soooo easy!

I simply used the sewing machine 
(which happened to be threaded with a dark brown thread) and fed the shapes through, using grid paper as a base to help me keep the punched pieces evenly spaced.


And then the grid paper was removed and the 
garlands were left!  Super, duper easy, eh?

Here's my space at work after decorated

I had also die cut some hearts out of the same card stock and used those larger items to fill in.


This could work for lots of holidays.
And it was a snap to take down, too.  Yay!

hang out with me on facebook
stay inspired with my newsletter - get a free PDF tutorial
save time and money at my online store
Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!