Friday, February 28, 2014

Grown-Up Good Thoughts Your Way

It's a wonderful day - 
especially because it's a Friday 
and one step closer to spring 
as it's also the last day of February.  
I'm sending Good Thoughts Your Way 
as we celebrate this final day 
of a very cold month this year!!
we've got a theme of a Grown-Up Card.  
Yepper - no cute cards allowed!
With that in mind, I wanted to keep the colors tasteful, 
with something additional that would fit into 
a one-inch space.  
For some reason, I just had it in my 
mind to punch out a bunch of 1" squares.  
So . . . that's how I came up with this card idea.  

The Perfect Pennants (#133230) 
and the Petite Petals (#133152) stamp sets 
were used with Soft Sky (#131181), Island Indigo (#122937) 
and Basic Gray (#126981) inks. 
Island Indigo (#122923), Whisper White (#100730) 
and Smoky Slate (#131202) - I know, 
I know. I'm using this color constantly lately!! - 
are the card stock colors on this peaceful card.
The Neutrals Candy Dots (#130934) are the only embellishment, along with a little bit of Dazzling Details 
in the center of those Petite Petals flowers.

And amazingly enough, I only made one of these cards - 
truly odd since I usually make at 
least four of everything.  
Well, once I got to doing all the cutting needed for this card -
I said to me, "Whoa!  Once is enough!!"

I think it turned out nicely, though, don't you?

Please be sure to take a look at the great 
grown-up cards 

hang out with me on facebook
stay inspired with my newsletter - get a free PDF tutorial
save time and money at my online store

Thanks for stopping by ~~ Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing along this week at MMM - your card is lovely - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm so glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. Wow love your card - very grown up, thank you for joining us this week at MMM, Laura DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you!